We are changing our products’ construction and materials to reach 100 % circularity by 2030.

EDGE 2023: Now re-designed for a more circular life.
If consumption shall be truly sustainable, products of all types need to be circular. This means they should be made from recycled or renewable material, who are sustainably sourced. Design and quality must allow the products to be used and reused for a long period of time. At the end-of-life the product must be able to disassemble. As a first option, the parts shall be reused. Secondly, the materials shall be recycled, preferably as a material of the same value as before.

We’re proud to announce that our EDGE office screens now contain 89% recycled or renewable material, through the introduction of a fabric made from 98% post-consumer recycled polyester. Also, the filling and aluminium feet contain more than 40% post-consumer recycled material. According to our third party verified calculations, this leads to a 46% lower climate impact of the product, compared to if virgin materials had been used. The wooden frame is FSC certified, promoting responsible forestry. The fabric is certified with EU Ecolabel.

All products in the EDGE office screen series can now be fully disassembled into separate materials, of which 96% can be material recycled. The remaining 4% can be used for energy production. Another improvement is that the packaging is optimised and now consists of 75% recycled cardboard. No plastic packaging is used. Even the straps around the packaging are made from paper. This makes it much easier for our clients to unpack and recycle the packing material.

We know that we cannot claim a product to be fully circular, if it we cannot follow it through its life cycle, making sure it is being re-used, re-manufactured or material recycled. Also, some materials are not yet ready for true circularity. In the meantime, we make sure that our products are prepared for a long and circular life.

— Sara Gripstrand, Sustainability Manager at LINTEX